Plunged within the renown olive groves of the area of Salento and few miles away from the Natural Reserve of Torre Guaceto, the “Ovile di Scilla” rises where sea, earth and sky come together in perfect harmony.
An ancient sheepfold with a long and unique restoration, had been transformed in this natural retreat in cooperation with the most renown local artists and artisans, being able to enhance the regional tradition and history.
During relax time, guests can use the “wellness area” with jacuzzi and steam bath set up in a unique and enchanting scenario atmosphere surrounded by olive trees, bouganville, 2 hectars of Mediterranean maquis.
The architecture merges the typical style of Salento with a light Arabian touch given by the white domes and the huge internal courtyard.
In the Mediterranean vegetation of our Natural Retreat, you will find the salt water swimming pool of the Ovile di Scilla:a particular area with a refined style, in which you can regenerate between sun, trees and earth.
Trees, a organic vegetable garden and vineyard allows all guests to taste the true flavors of this fascinating territory. In this Masseria is given a special attention to nutrition: all products like vegetables, olive oil, marmelades, bread and cakes will be “km 0”.
Leitmotiv of the Ovile di Scilla menu is the valorization of local products with a “fusion” touch, creating a unique and tasty kitchen with dishes like: “chicken tandoori” on a turnip greens and broccoli bed; fava beans puree with organic olive oils, kamut slives, mussels and Tropea red onions.
Local wines like Negroamaro and Primitivo, rich in resveratrol (strong anti-aging) and “home made” products tasting, is the final touch of this unique kitchen.
For those who love nature in combination with style, culture and wellness, the “Ovile di Scilla” is the place to be…!
Ovile di Scilla Natural Retreat is situated at only 8 minutes from the sea and it’s located behind the Marine Natural Reserve of Torre Guaceto.
Sea and beaches closer to us:
- For lovers of Nature and incontaminated sea, Marine Natural Reserve of Torre Guaceto (Apani)
- For who preferres a selected and nice atmosphere with organized beach Guna Beach Club (Apani)
- For who loves fishing and sea with local rocks, Lido Tiziana (Specchiolla)
For people who love suggestive and challenging golf courses, Puglia gives an opportunity for people who love the Green.
Ovile di Scilla is pleased to host golf clinic with national and international coaches.
Golf courses closer to us:
- San Domenico Golf Club
- Torre Coccaro Golf Club
- Acaya Golf Club
- BariAlto Golf Club
- Riva dei Tessali Golf Club
- Metaponto Golf Club
Including in the territories of the provinces of Lecce, Brindisi and part of that of Taranto, the Salento peninsula is an explosion of colors, flavors, ancient atmospheres and cultures that have merged, creating a beautiful land, full of history, art and culture.
Among the destinations recommended by Ovile di Scilla Natural Retreat:
- Ostuni : the white city ideal for a sophisticated shopping in vintage shops and local craft shops.
- La Valle d’Itria: is the valley of trulli par excellence, here we find the highest concentration of trulli scattered: a stunning setting and charming, a unique and imaginative.
To frame, the highest heights, the towns of Martina Franca, Alberobello, Locorotondo, Cisternino and Ceglie. In these ancient villages do not miss the tasting of typical products and “bracerie” local meats accompanied with the best Apulian wines.
- Otranto : the ancient history of the city of Otranto has always been influenced by its projection to the east. The Cape Palacia, located a few kilometers south of Otranto, in fact is, the strip of land to the east of Italy.
The city has also been defined as the Byzantium of Salento.
- Lecce wonderful and unique for its Baroque architecture. Beautiful walk through the streets and discover the city and its inhabitants. Very elegant the course and its shops, as well as some local refined design, where tradition and innovation combine perfectly.
- Tricase located in the Leuca Cape, picturesque coastline with coves crystal clear sea.
- Castro Another example of the ‘uniqueness of this region, is located along the east coast of the Salento peninsula.